Outside Sales Representative
Employment Opportunities with Glacier Technology
(Jobs in Plymouth, MN)
Glacier Technology, Inc. is an Industrial Distributor specializing in air filtration/dust collection for the manufacturing segment of this area. We work with engineers, plant personnel and contractors to help solve their air quality problems. Our client base ranges from Pharma to Heavy Manufacturing and includes a variety of dust smoke fumes created from manufacturing processes. Our end result is helping companies become OSHA compliant without exhausting valuable plant air outdoors.
We are currently looking for an Outside Sales Representative to help us promote a newly signed product line designed for the machining industry as well as our existing product line base.
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible to maintain and grow our existing dealer network and customer base as well as developing new customers and dealers for new sales opportunities. Day to day work will be plant visits, assessing their filtration needs and quoting the appropriate equipment. Additionally you will call on contractors and engineering houses as part of the sales process to specify our equipment on new projects. Travel is no more than 30% with occasional overnight stays required..
Responsibilities | Requirements:
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales goals and gross profit objectives, developing sales of assigned products, regularly calling on assigned accounts to generate sales of all product lines, and opening new accounts within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Work with the company’s employees in the sale of all product lines.
- Develop quotations for customers within corporate profit objectives and provide feedback on pricing, service, new products, quality, customer needs, and competition to the appropriate people within the company.
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers and customers to promote and maintain the image and reputation of the company, ensuring customer satisfaction and resolving problems and complaints as they arise.
- Listens to client needs and matches them with appropriate products from our product mix.
- Duties include customer application assistance, quoting, and closing sales.
- Attend and assist with sales meetings and trade shows, as requested.
- Maintaining our CRM program (ZOHO)
- Participate in marketing planning and strategizing for the company’s product lines as opportunities arise.
- Implements all aspects of the company’s marketing strategies, objectives, and actions.
- Provide accurate, timely documentation of expenses, reports, account activities, and other information as required.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Experience | Qualifications:
- Industrial Distribution Sales experience preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude, understanding of industrial processes, and mechanical concepts.
- Strong time management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Glacier Technology offers benefits including health insurance, Simple 401k plan, vacation plan, and holiday pay among others.
The work environment at Glacier Technology emphasizes family-culture, flexibility and a team atmosphere. We believe strongly that a well-functioning team allows us to deliver the highest level of customer service in the Industrial Distribution marketplace.
Job Type: Full-time