Safer, Cleaner, and More Efficient Machining
Mist from machining oil and coolant in industrial environments can lead to slippery floors, creating a safety hazard as well as excessive maintenance labor. Glacier Technology offers mist collectors designed to provide efficient, cost effective management of mist, dust, smoke contaminants generated from a broad range of wet machining, grinding, turning, milling, drilling, and other manufacturing and processing applications that generate wet contaminants.
- Filter dust, mist, and smoke
- Available in sizes ranging from individual units to large central system
- Feature a small footprint and direct mounting capability
- Offer three stages of filtration with optional 4th stage HEPA filter
- Offer “NEW” FiberDrain Technology for heavy oil or water based coolant applications
With over 20 years of installing mist collectors in machine shops, Glacier Technology will assist you with the installation of a mist collector that satisfies your specific application requirements. We work with you to develop a mist collector solution that meets your needs and fits your budget.
- AER VMW Series
- AER CM Series
- PDF Downloads
- Image Gallery
Absolent Air Care Products
- A•mist Filters – a great choice for managing oil mist from CNC machines running at moderate speed.
- A•line Smoke Filters – equally suitable for small tough machines and machines that generate a moderate amount of oil mist into the factory.
- A•smoke Oil Smoke Filters – well suited for CNC machines running at high speed and with a high coolant pressure. Also effective for die casting or hardening, and MQL applications.
Absolent builds collectors for machining centers using either oil based coolants or water based coolants. The A-Mist series also offers an optional metal mesh pre-filter, which is washable. Below is a video of the Absolent A-10, the A-10 is a smaller collector (600 CFM) built specifically for oil smoke.
The Absolent filters are at their best when they’re wet, so in applications with dust involved, we install a spray system in the ductwork just before the inlet. The spray system is on a timer, both for volume and frequency of liquid going into the filters. Every collector manufactured by Absolent has HEPA final filtration, fans are built into the cabinet for very quiet operation (68 – 72 dB).
AER VMW Series
AER Vertical Media Filtration (VMW Series)
- Machine mountable
- Central mist collector for multiple machining operations
- Sizes ranging from 500 cfm through 18,000 cfm
- Three stages of filtration with optional 4th stage HEPA
- Magnehelic gauge for quick reference of filter loading for ease of maintenance
AER CM Series
AER Centrifugal Mist Collectors (CM Series)
- Filters coolant mist, smoke, gas, and vapor
- Designed to mount on top of machining centers or floor pedestals
- Good for cutting machines, caution the use on grinding machines
- Four stages of filtration
- Manufactured out of 16ga spun steel, powder coated
- Quiet Operation 70 to 76 dba at 3’
- Small and Compact with Direct Mount Capability
- 6′ and 8′ pedestals are available
Smog-Hog® Electrostatic Precipitator Collectors
Smog-Hog® is more than 95% efficient on mist, smoke, and fume removal. Different than centrifugal, bag or box filters that remove only the largest particles, ESP electrically charges both large and microscopic contaminants, and then strips them from the air stream collecting on grounded collection plates. The resulting discharged air leaves virtually no oil mist, smoke or hazardous particles untouched, releasing only clean air from the system to help you comply with even the strictest federal, state and local environmental standards and keep your workers safe.
Centralized Smog-Hog® Electrostatic Precipitators – used to control hazardous emissions with customizable engineered solutions for tough emissions
Smog-Hog Machine Mount Electrostatic Mist Collectors – capture oil smoke and mist particles in drilling, grinding and a variety of industrial processes
- CNC Machining
- Oil Mist Filtration