Designed to Meet Specific Noise Reduction Requirements
Fans are a major source of noise that creates a host of workplace health and safety issues. Fan silencers help to alleviate these issues and satisfy environmental noise regulation requirements. Glacier Technology fan silencers are custom engineered and manufactured to meet specific needs.
- Suitable for virtually any centrifugal or axial fan
- Various configurations to meet your system requirements & space constraints
- Airstream temp from -40 to 350 deg F
- Light industrial silencer available (maximum static pressure 16″wc)
Glacier Technology partners with VAW Systems to offer fan silencer designs of virtually every size and type. Each of our silencers is designed to meet the noise reduction needs of the particular application and deliver optimal performance in the most demanding environments. Glacier Technology offers you the best combination of quality, performance, service and value to assure the long-term efficiency and reliability of your process. Contact us to discuss your fan silencer needs.
Fan Silencer Installation
- Construction Options
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Noise Standard (29 CFR 1910.95) requires employers to have a hearing conservation program in place if workers are exposed to a time-weighted average (TWA) noise level of 85 decibels (dBA) or higher over an 8-hour work shift.
85 dBA is the “Action Level” where hearing protection is required. 90 dBA is the OSHA, 8 hour average exposure limit. 100 dBA exposures longer than 15 minutes are not recommended. Regular exposure to 110 dBA of more than 1 minute risks permanent hearing loss.
What Do These Levels Sound Like?
|Noise Level (dBA)||Common Outdoor Activities||Common Indoor Activities|
|110||Jet Aircraft Fly Over||Rock Concert|
|100 – 90||Gas Lawn Mower at 3 ft||Kitchen Blender|
|80 – 70||Passenger Car at 65 mph at 25 ft||Vacuum Cleaner at 10 ft|
|60 – 50||Electrical Transformers at 100 ft||Large Business Office|
|40 – 30||Bird Calls, Rural Area||Library|
Models & Accessories
- Heavy Casings: up to 3/8 in. steel plate
- Casing Materials: galvanized steel, stainless (304 & 316), satin coat, aluminum, HRS with paint system
- Various flange configurations and materials
- Custom configurations for space and weight restrictions
- Support brackets and legs
- API 560 and API 673 Construction Standards
- Industrial Paint Systems and Coatings:
- Rust inhibitive prime painted exterior finish
- High temperature paints
- Anti-corrosive coatings
- Protective films for media fill
- Special shipping splits
- Removable baffles, centerbody and side panels
- Wire mesh / bird screen protection
- Horizontal and Vertical Rain Hoods
- Horizontal and Vertical Filter Systems (indoor & outdoor applications)
- Transitions and Evases (integral or stand-alone)
- Airflow Probes
- Access Doors and Sampling Ports
- Drainage Connections and Plugs