Processes like sanding and grinding generate explosive dust that creates hazardous conditions in work spaces. Many of these work environments can be safely managed without the need for expensive and elaborate systems.
Eurovac portable wet dust collectors offer a safe, efficient, and effective way to capture combustible dust. Wet dust collectors significantly decrease the risk of fire or explosion by using water in the cleaning process.
Portable wet dust collection offer advantages such as:
- Low maintenance
- Safe collection of hazardous dust
- 99% efficient to 5 microns with HEPA filter
How Wet Dust Collection Works
Dust drawn into the wet dust collector is forced down through a venturi into water, which acts as a separator. Most dust particles fall to the bottom of the unit immediately. Particles that remain following this first cleaning stage are forced through thick curtains of water and then deflected by a series of baffles into the water turbulence, which separates the remaining dust from the air.
The moist clean air is drawn through the unit by an internally fitted blower. It then passes through a stainless steel mist eliminator, where the moisture is removed. The dust, which has settled to the bottom of the unit, is removed through the sludge drain valve.
Eurovac Portable Wet Dust Collectors
Eurovac I – Portable Wet Mix Dust Collector
- 5HP (140 CFM/60”WC) | 10HP (275CFM/60” WC) | 15 HP (380CFM/60”WC)
- 208-240, 460 and 575/3/60Hz or 50Hz models available
- Starter with overload protection pre-wired to blower
- 20,000+ hours of continuous use
- Initial venturi entry for deep penetration of dust into water
- Secondary baffles to help knock water/dust back down
- Final mist elimination (99% efficient to 5 microns) with optional HEPA filter.
- Hydrogen relief vent
- 14 gauge stainless steel construction
- Epoxy powder painted and treated with zinc oxide and rust inhibitor
Eurovac II – Portable Wet Mix Dust Collector
- Powerful 13.8 amp motor with sealed bearings handles moist air from wet collector
- 1560 watt pump produces 145” of water column; 140 free flow CFM
- Motor housing is insulated and baffled for quiet operation
- Motor turns on and off automatically by air switches when pneumatic tools are activated, increasing motor life and reducing energy costs.
- Plastic sight glass reveals when water should be added
- Stainless steel mist eliminator
- 2” ball valve and hose at the bottom of the separator for removing sludge
Glacier Technology is your source for Eurovac industrial portable wet dust collectors, as well as all of the necessary tubing, fittings, elbows, cleaning tools and hose as required to meet OSHA requirements for a clean, safe work environment. Our team is ready to help you with knowledgeable guidance to bring the best performance and value to your project. Contact us today!